MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IcyBoards Community Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://forums.icyboards.net/index.php

Just wanted to share the community forums for IcyBoards. It's not just for our service's support, we have a large discussion area covering various topics from entertainment to web development.
I really like your theme.
(2012-10-19, 11:27 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I really like your theme.

I can't tell how serious this reply is.
However, I do like that you kept the basic MyBB theme on your forum as MyBB hosting is your niche. With that said, I do think a few odds and ends could be done to make the forum look more professional. Perhaps use the same header as the main website?
(2012-10-19, 02:43 PM)Mini` Wrote: [ -> ]I can't tell how serious this reply is.
However, I do like that you kept the basic MyBB theme on your forum as MyBB hosting is your niche.

I don't see why that matters -- no excuse for such a big site to have deviated from the default theme so little.
(2012-10-19, 03:01 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-19, 02:43 PM)Mini` Wrote: [ -> ]I can't tell how serious this reply is.
However, I do like that you kept the basic MyBB theme on your forum as MyBB hosting is your niche.

I don't see why that matters -- no excuse for such a big site to have deviated from the default theme so little.

Although most of the time I am not hesitant to jump on a forum's case for the lack of creativity/originality, I have noticed some free forum sites sticking close to the default theme. Quite frankly though, I didn't want a post full of negativity. A forum theme more suited to match the home page would be the easiest thing he could do at this point.
(2012-10-19, 03:46 PM)Mini` Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-19, 03:01 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

Although most of the time I am not hesitant to jump on a forum's case for the lack of creativity/originality, I have noticed some free forum sites sticking close to the default theme. Quite frankly though, I didn't want a post full of negativity. A forum theme more suited to match the home page would be the easiest thing he could do at this point.

I appreciate the feedback. While I tried to make them look fairly similar, I don't want to move away from the default theme. I have a hard time finding themes I like, and I feel the default is a very clean and organized presentation of the information. The purpose of the community forums is mostly for support/resources (while we do have and encourage the other sections). The information is what's important, not really the theme.

If I was running a different site, such as gaming, entertainment, or general discussions, I would definitely not be using the default theme. I just feel like it fits in this case.
Between your sig, your homepage, and your forum, you have three different logos. Design is important if your brand's reputation and image mean anything to you.
There are many designers available at their site as well as forum who can do stunning graphics for him for free. Still Spork decided to keep it that way.

So, it may be a style of him :p
There is one thing i do agree on that you should use 1 logo for everything to represent your site.

For the rest; well changing the MyBB on a MyBB hosting site is kind of silly, it would give a bad image on what is to be expected so i guess its good you stick to that. I do hope with 1.8 you upgrade to the new theme, since lets be honest the default theme isn't that great looking.

For the rest their is very little to say about your site.

edit

Two more things :
  • Make your homepage the same width as your forums
  • Round the corners on your forum page to the same as your homepage
A great place to get support for your Icyboards forum and a great place to chat and showoff your forum (even if it isn't with Icyboards). The community there is Great and helpful
Pages: 1 2 3