MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Development Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I have never been good and doing website designs although that is not the point, I am wondering just how difficult it is to create themes as no theme i find really appeals to what I aim looking for so I thought of creating my own.
So I think I am kind of looking for advice of where to start.

Thank you.
(2012-10-19, 08:33 AM)runeqm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I have never been good and doing website designs although that is not the point, I am wondering just how difficult it is to create themes as no theme i find really appeals to what I aim looking for so I thought of creating my own.
So I think I am kind of looking for advice of where to start.

Thank you.

It isn't hard at all, assuming you know HTML, CSS and the MyBB Theming System.
Thanks all for your support

only thing I cant work out is
Quote:Contact Us | MyBB | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication
I want to make the background behind the text repeating x I used this code at .bottommenu
background: url(images/RedFlare/custom/panel_bg.gif) repeat-x;
I dont think there is a problem with the code so im wondering if it is the wrong part, I think thix should have been placed in Development
Quote:Need help theming something? Want advice on graphics? Ask your questions here.
. One last question once I finish where should I post if I want feedback
Thank you in Advance
Bottommenu is correct. Try refreshing the page a couple of times or clearing your cache.

Once it's done, you should post in Development. If it's a live forum, Showcase could work as well.