MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone here played Dishonored?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ordered it yesterday (not come yet), I'm just wondering how many of you have played it and if it's as good as the hype.
Nope, I am playing Borderlands 2 though Smile
(2012-10-19, 12:30 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I ordered it yesterday (not come yet), I'm just wondering how many of you have played it and if it's as good as the hype.

I gave it a try but it doesn't live up to the advert. The graphics are ok but nothing amazing about them. You have a lot of control in the game which is nice. I'm still not 100% how I feel about the game.

Oh, and you can only save the game at the end of a level. If you die, you're back to the start. Kill a friendly, you're back to the start. No checkpoints. The levels are quite long, as are the maps, so I wouldn't bother playing it unless you have a couple hours to spare. That's what annoyed me the most.
Just played it today for a good few hours and love it. I love how there's so much to each mission, you can easily stroll through it but you would miss a lot. The sub-missions are cool and the game play is fantastic.

I've been saving in-between levels fine I think? Unless I'm remembering wrong but I've had no real issues with being taken to the start unless I've forgotten to save, but there are checkpoints so I don't get how you have had that issue Confused.

I dislike that your character just doesn't speak though.
Yeah, silent protagonists... I can live without them, but they work sometimes.
What platform are you running it on? On the PC version it doesn't seem to save, auto or otherwise, during the game.
silent protagonists are awesome but don't work well in a lot of modern games.
(2012-10-20, 11:49 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]What platform are you running it on? On the PC version it doesn't seem to save, auto or otherwise, during the game.

Xbox 360.

And yeah I agree there brad, it certainly doesn't work in this game imo. It's fine though as he's an Assassin so dialogue isn't as important as most, but with the storyline you get, it would be much better for him to talk.