MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB on a subdomain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TL;DR:

I want MyBB to be forum.domain.com and not domain.com/forum

Hello,

I've convinced my friend to use PHPBB instead of MyBB because of it's powerful community and forum customizability. It seems very nice, I like the Apart theme for this.

Anyways, back to the problem. I already have created a sub domain, uploaded all the files to the subdomain, but when I try to put it on a subdomain, it 404s me. I have to do mydomain.com/install and I can't do forum.mydomain.com/install. I've tried 2 tutorials (only ones I can find about sub domain) but it doesn't seem to be working. I am using cPanel. Thank you for taking your time to read my thread
Hi,

Could you provide your forum URL please? Smile
My current one is noobcrafter.us/forum but I want it to be forum.noobcrafter.us I already tried editing during installation but that just leads me to a 404 after installation.
Can I suggest you to post your cpanel details on http://community.mybb.com/forum-135.html
Have you already created the subdomain via cpanel? If so, you'll need to move MyBB's files to the correct folder the subdomain is served from then edit both your board URL and cookie settings.
when you created the subdomain it would of asked for a directory to load it from, if you chose forum it shouldnt gives 404 errors, but rather cookie errors, so you must have used a directory other then forum for your subdomain