MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge vbulletin v4.2 to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
please help me merging my vbulletin v4.2 to mybb.. i have my backups but i dont know how.. please give me tutorials on how to do so..

is there any problem that i will encounter in merging the database backup to mybb? and if there is, what are those?

+rep to the one who can give me the full tutorials.. thank you in advance..
Although there is no official merge module for vBulletin 4, some people who have used it said that the vBulletin 3 module worked fine. Just make sure you take backups and if you can, try it locally.

http://docs.mybb.com/Merge_System.html
I just merged vB 4.2 using the merge system and it worked great! just followed the directions and bam! I didnt have to do anything special, my only issue was having a 1062 error but that was my fault for having a a mod that wasnt completely uninstalled.
can you give me the link of the directions sir in merging vbulletin 4.2 to mybb?
You dont need directions, upload the merge system to your mybb directory on your server, run the merge, when it asks which software to convert choose vBulletin (theyll say 3.x ignore the version) and just continue with the merge, if you encounter any issues post them, I didnt have any issues when converting, but perhaps I got lucky.
someone told me that i need to install the mybb.. i aleady downloaded mybb 1608.. what next i am going to do.. i have here hosting cpanel.. where i am going to place the mybb? at public_html? on what folder? forum folder?
i can merge your vbulletin to mybb .
just free PM me Smile i can hep you.
Upload the MyBB files, then navigate to yourforum/install/ and run the installer. Once that is done, upload the merge folder to the top of your MyBB installation. Then go to yourforum/merge and just do what it says.
there's a good chance that all your members will lose their passwords, just a heads up.
Pages: 1 2