MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: making my own themes.. ASAP help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can anyone here please tell me where to start? do i need to install a software to make my own codes in making or building themes in mybb?

i really dont have any idea.. just like www.w3schools.com that you can see the image of the codes you make..

please help me with this.. ASAP.. thank you..
I assume you have knowledge on html, css and a little of php.

I suggest you to install mybb on localhost. So you could test your codes easily.
You can use WAMP server for installing forum on your localhost. After that you install mybb on your localhost so you can make theme. Then if you are not familiar with making themes, you can use this tutorial http://community.mybb.com/thread-72931.html Smile
yes i have a little knowledge about html, css, and js.. i just started to study and learn about it..

i already have downloaded the mybb 1608.. what next i am going to do.. i will go to the file manager of the cpanel and upload the files in public_html? am i right?
yes thats right... upload the files to public_html folder. after uploading, in your browser goto yourforum/install/index.php and install the forum

so you are going install a live forum for testing rather than a localhost???
Quote:yes thats right... upload the files to public_html folder. after uploading, in your browser goto yourforum/install/index.php and install the forum

so you are going install a live forum for testing rather than a localhost???

im just practicing to build my own forum using mybb sir.. i already have a domain and hosting but i dont know where to start.. can you teach me step by step sir? im really having a hard time doing this coz i dont have any idea where to start..

i hope you can help me with this..
Sure buddy we are here to help you.

As i told upload the files and install the forum. For Any help reply here.

Also read this as it would give you a idea.
http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html