MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really need help.
I need to restore a database i've tried SQL which failed with fatal errors (says my host) I've tried it with PhpMyAdmin and it said cannot create duplicate tables.
I really need help please <3
first tell size of database ?

Quote: it said cannot create duplicate tables.
ok take it easy . go to mysql and delete all table of your databases {name}
then try it again
about the duplicated tables problem remove all the mybb tables and restore the new database it should work note*this will remove your current forum and replace it with the one that is is in the .sql file*
Ninja'd : by Alban Mulaki Sad
(2012-10-20, 03:51 PM)Alban Mulaki Wrote: [ -> ]first tell size of database ?

Quote: it said cannot create duplicate tables.
ok take it easy . go to mysql and delete all table of your databases {name}
then try it again

i only got a input on your post if he removed all the tables in the database it might remove some tables for other scripts such as wordpress so he just have to remove the tables that contain mybb at the begging or the prefix that he used when he installed the forum.
I have a database already on my forum and I want to merge another database into my current one.
@ illusionalp
yeah but there we are talking about mybb and i say database {name} of forum normal

@ MinecraftGeek you want to merge by phpbb to mybb or what explained it more in first post you said for backup now for merge Confused
I want to merge/restore a MyBB Backup into my current MyBB Forum.
What's the error? Any screenshot? Are you creating a database (empty one) first and then importing inside it?
So I will explain everything guys Smile
I got my host to try and import a database backup given to me from another forum.
They did it through SSH and got multiple errors.
It didn't merge the database into mine, I tried PhpAdmin and I get an error to do with tables everytime.
(2012-10-20, 05:07 PM)Alban Mulaki Wrote: [ -> ]@ illusionalp
yeah but there we are talking about mybb and i say database {name} of forum normal

@ MinecraftGeek you want to merge by phpbb to mybb or what explained it more in first post you said for backup now for merge Confused

what if Op had 2 scripts installed on 1 database he will lose the other script
so he just have to remove the mybb tables.
Any help with this?