MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is IE possibly starting to outpace other browsers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a pretty bold conclusion to make based on a single open bug in Chrome.
Well according to http://caniuse.com/ you can tell IE10 is huge jump support wise for IE. It's going from 47% to 78% support of modern browser technologies. Still less than everything but Opera but also the largest jump in a long time for any browser.Wink

It guess it all depends on what IE 11 looks like to make a final conclusion though.
Yeah, you're right brad, that's why I started this thread mainly. Just something simple like that working in IE and not Chrome makes you think, who's really listening (The bug report for Chrome has over 140 stars, and plenty of angry comments, yet still hasn't been fixed for 3 years)?
IE10 still lacks full support for a lot of basic stuff such as Data URLs, the File API, TTF/OTF support, border images, WebM support, Ogg support. That said, it is definitely a massive leap forwards for IE. Pity so many people will likely stick with IE8 and IE9 as usual >.>
IE10 will have rolling updates, so hopefully more and more compatibility is added in during its life cycle. I use IE more than any other browser but, while I'm glad MS has decided to upgrade it, it isn't outpacing the likes of Chrome or Opera who are typically the first to introduce new standards.
Actually with 10 they will support a larger percentage of the new standards than Opera will.
Pages: 1 2