MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use custom profile field on a diffrent way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Question is, now if u make a custom profile field this one shows up on on the "UCP" at the "Extra Information" to fill in the custom profile option.

On a user profile page u see the custom profile field on "Extra information about ****".

Now I know how the code to put this on the user profile where I want.

But on the UCP u can not change the view of it because the custom profile field are showing as {$customfields}

Where is the template of {$customfields} so that I can edit this one witch custom profile field option need to be showing and with not.
I know that on the ACP u can select of the custom profile field need to be visible or not, but if I set on not users are also not able to fill in this option on the UCP... So how can I fix the custom profile field like I want???

I hope everyone knows what I mean and how to fix this..

Thanks
You cant you need xthreads + xthreads addition settings for custom profile fields.
Its an area lacking for now in MyBB which hopefully gets sorted the same way as how the profile works:

{customfields['X']} 

But until that moment you will have to use external plugins for this.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...271&page=1

At least if i understand your question correctly.
Thanks, but by this one u need to install first a diffrent plugin to get work this plugin u showing so then I have 2 plugins for 1 thing I ask...

So for now I pass this sollution and hope that someone knows a diffrent sollution.

Thanks for this one!!
This is true - you install two plugins to make one work; all the features of XThreads are available to you as well.

The "one thing you ask" is in fact quite a big thing, and as there IS a solution out there that works very well, then you may well have to pay someone to code you a personal solution.
Install the 2 plugins. What's the big deal?
Well less is more Smile

And i can sort of agree if you dont use Xthreads for anything but a base for the custom profile fields. Its not that productive, if you already use Xthreads for other things like sorting threads based on prefixes, have special inputs and use it for private threads. It less of a problem.

Off topic i simply hope they implement this as a core feature, it would make customizing the UserCP much easier. Since currently their is very very little you can honestly do with it.
(2012-10-21, 11:32 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Install the 2 plugins. What's the big deal?

Sorry whats your problem????

Some people don't want to install 100 plugins to have work some things. So now to use the option that here is posted u need to install 2 plugins for working 1 option so thats what I want to prevent to have to many plugins installed.

So what is the problem to continue to ask for a diffrent sollution, is there now other way oke, thats fine but I can always ask!!

@Leefish
Thanks reply I think about if I do it or not but for now I wait, if there what u say is now way to fix this and there need to be made a plugin for it, it is not necessary because then I can use above plugins.

But in the past I tryed Xthreads and then the install was nog good and I need to fix things that the forum was works again fine, now I'm a little careful with install Xthreads
Also, with XThreads installed you get Template Conditionals installed as a side effect - so even though it IS a big plugin, if you are already using Template Conditionals (not the PHP version) then you can uninstall the template conditionals standalone.

XThreads is only a big hit on your memory usage if you are using it for custom fields - if you stick to small stuff like using it to filter thread prefixes, supporting the profile fields plugin and doing a few conditionals then you will really only benefit.
I have installed the plugin PHP and Template Conditionals (1.9) from ZiNgA BuRgA so do I need to uninstall this one first or not and can I let this installed???

Are there plugins that now working with Xthreads together or Xthreads not together with some plugins that I need to know or is this no problem..

Then I try tomorrow and take a look at it.

Thanks Leefish
(2012-10-22, 12:06 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Also, with XThreads installed you get Template Conditionals installed as a side effect - so even though it IS a big plugin, if you are already using Template Conditionals (not the PHP version) then you can uninstall the template conditionals standalone.

XThreads is only a big hit on your memory usage if you are using it for custom fields - if you stick to small stuff like using it to filter thread prefixes, supporting the profile fields plugin and doing a few conditionals then you will really only benefit.

True.. to bad functions like explode, in_array are not options :< for template conditions. At least not as far as i know.

Since currently i really have to do things like:

<?php
$uid = $mybb->user['uid'];
$allowed = eplode(",",$threadfields['ptuid']);
if(in_array($uid, $allowed)
{
   echo $quickreply;
} 
else
{
   echo "<strong>This is a private thread, contact the thread author to get permission to post</strong>";
}
?>

On topic:
Quote:Are there plugins that now working with Xthreads together or Xthreads not together with some plugins that I need to know or is this no problem..

Their are probably a few but i dont think their are many, maybe 1 or 2.
Only so far really found one:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/last-posts
Pages: 1 2