MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been having someone create duplicate names on my forum seems the registration process is allowing duplicate names to be registered? Would this be a flaw in MyBB of a non reported exploit or a modification or even a setting in MyBB that I may not know about. Let me know.

Thanks,
PhantomX
Are you sure they're not using invisible characters in their username? MyBB doesn't allow usernames to be registered more than once.
(2012-10-22, 01:36 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure they're not using invisible characters in their username? MyBB doesn't allow usernames to be registered more than once.

If they are how could you restrict it? I checked the database and its not a noticable space in the name. The name is spelled exactly the same. Anyway to block special characters like these?
What's your forum URL? Smile
give us a 2links for a duplicated users
and try to register 2 accounts with same username however i don't think that duplicated users is the problem here
People use special or invisible characters.