MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: News Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to this board. i had used the A Clear News Bar plugin in my board but when i change theme to custom made theme, its disappear. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue

Plugin:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/a-clear-news-bar-1-6-x

Thanks a lot in advance
that plugin looks for a navigation div like the one below and replaces the codes automatically.

<div class="navigation">
</div>

i believe that in your custom theme the breadcrumb has been given a different css tag, so the codes are not getting added. you can edit the plugin file according to your theme.

in the aclearnewsbar.php look for...
$page=preg_replace('#<div class="navigation">(.*)</div>#Usi','<div class="navigation">$1</div><br />

and replace it as
$page=preg_replace('#<div class="your theme's breadcrumb">(.*)</div>#Usi','<div class="your theme's breadcrumb">$1</div><br />

NOTE: your theme's breadcrumb is the css tag of the nav bar in your theme.... after making changes reupload the file and reactivate the plugin
Deactivate and then re-activate the plugin.
Thanks a lot for find out the solution bro. I had replaced the plugin navigation as mentioned above

I amended as below
$page=preg_replace('#<div class="breadcrumb">(.*)</div>#Usi','<div class="breadcrumb">$1</div><br /> 

Upload the plugin and reactivate it but still this plugin doesn’t show up Sad
may i have the url pls

EDIT: in some custom themes the nav bar might use ul instead of div. if thats the case replace the div as ul in the above code
Thanks a lot mate. Its now working mate. i had changed the code as per your instruction below

Quote:the breadcrumb uses ul instead of div in your forum... try this

PHP Code:
$page=preg_replace('#<ul id="breadcrumb">(.*)</ul>#Usi','<ul id="breadcrumb">$1</ul><br />

I post the above pm replay because it might helpful for some one who having same issue
glad it worked.... Smile
Hi guys; i have one more question about the News Bar. The news bar is visible for the guests also but i want to hide the news bar from the Guests. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue
can anyone help me please