MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So confussed And Still need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I want to upgrade to the newest version but, this is what it is telling me on the install part, my version is already the 1.6.3 what does this mean?

Welcome to the installation wizard for MyBB 1.6.3. MyBB has detected it is already configured this directory.

Please choose a suitable action below:

Upgrade my existing copy of MyBB to 1.6.3 (Recommended)
This option will upgrade your current version of MyBB to MyBB 1.6.3.

You should choose this option when you wish to retain your current forum threads, posts, users and other information.

Install a new copy of MyBB
This option will delete any existing forum you may have set up and install a fresh version of MyBB.

You should choose this option to erase your existing copy of MyBB if you wish to start again.

MyBB © 2002-2012 MyBB Group
You need to download the newest copy of MyBB, upload it, then run the upgrader Smile
how exactly do i upload it, im using WinSCP and im lost....i tried reading the wiki and it isnt helping
The same way you uploaded MyBB when you first installed it Smile
I didnt do it, someone else had done it, i took the site over
post here http://community.mybb.com/forum-135.html with ftp login info staff will do it for you if not then you must google it and find a tutorial.
i did, now i just wait I guess
Well, before we try to do it for you we'd rather see if we can explain it to you so you can do it in the future Smile

Download the newest copy of MyBB here: http://www.mybb.com/download/latest
Extract the contents of the ZIP file to your dekstop using WinZip, PeaZip, or something similar.
Connect to your server, and go to the folder where your forum is.
Upload all the files in the Upload folder on your desktop to your server, then go to the upgrade/install page.
so i have to download another program.*sigh* okay off to download and try this out now

Still telling me the only one it can only go to 1.6.3 which is the version i have..........ugh
I really still need help with this.........I tried it and its still not working.......can somebody help me please?
Pages: 1 2