MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help me with this..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i encounter problem upon installing the mybb.. i dont understand what this means and what im going to do with this..

Quote:CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

i uploaded the files under public_html and followed the instructions on installations but whenever im going to install it to my site it says page cannot be found..
After uploading the files make sure they have the right permission.

You can set permission using your cpanel or ftp.
Ok.. I already finished with this one.. I followed every step of the installation instructions but whenever in going to install it.. The page is not found..
Here's what I did..
First I make a subdomain for practice purposes on my hosting..
Then I made a database in mySql.. After that..
I went to file manager>>public HTML>> demo1
In demo1 folder I uploaded all the files of mybb and change the permissions as what it is being instructed..
Then when I am going to install it like www.example.com/demo1/install it says page not found..

What's wrong with my installation?
(2012-10-25, 06:30 AM)3lidoffad Wrote: [ -> ]First I make a subdomain for practice purposes on my hosting..
Then I made a database in mySql.. After that..
I went to file manager>>public HTML>> demo1
In demo1 folder I uploaded all the files of mybb and change the permissions as what it is being instructed..
Then when I am going to install it like www.example.com/demo1/install it says page not found..

What's wrong with my installation?

try www.example.com/demo1/install/index.php
still the same.. nothing happens.. it says page not found..
This was the process I used to install mybb, although I am on a debian based server:
http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/03/how-to-i...-mybb.html
Please provide a forum url.