MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security Warning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A potential security issue was found in the template. Please review your changes or contact the MyBB Group for support.

Just by using this:

http://www.sunsean.com/idTabs/

I'm just going to move the code to an external file, but curious as to why it's giving the warning.
Please paste the complete code you pasted in template(s).
/* idTabs ~ Sean Catchpole - Version 2.2 - MIT/GPL */
(function(){var dep={"jQuery":"http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js"};var init=function(){(function($){$.fn.idTabs=function(){var s={};for(var i=0;i<arguments.length;++i){var a=arguments[i];switch(a.constructor){case Object:$.extend(s,a);break;case Boolean:s.change=a;break;case Number:s.start=a;break;case Function:s.click=a;break;case String:if(a.charAt(0)=='.')s.selected=a;else if(a.charAt(0)=='!')s.event=a;else s.start=a;break;}}
if(typeof s['return']=="function")
s.change=s['return'];return this.each(function(){$.idTabs(this,s);});}
$.idTabs=function(tabs,options){var meta=($.metadata)?$(tabs).metadata():{};var s=$.extend({},$.idTabs.settings,meta,options);if(s.selected.charAt(0)=='.')s.selected=s.selected.substr(1);if(s.event.charAt(0)=='!')s.event=s.event.substr(1);if(s.start==null)s.start=-1;var showId=function(){if($(this).is('.'+s.selected))
return s.change;var id="#"+this.href.split('#')[1];var aList=[];var idList=[];$("a",tabs).each(function(){if(this.href.match(/#/)){aList.push(this);idList.push("#"+this.href.split('#')[1]);}});if(s.click&&!s.click.apply(this,[id,idList,tabs,s]))return s.change;for(i in aList)$(aList[i]).removeClass(s.selected);for(i in idList)$(idList[i]).hide();$(this).addClass(s.selected);$(id).show();return s.change;}
var list=$("a[href*='#']",tabs).unbind(s.event,showId).bind(s.event,showId);list.each(function(){$("#"+this.href.split('#')[1]).hide();});var test=false;if((test=list.filter('.'+s.selected)).length);else if(typeof s.start=="number"&&(test=list.eq(s.start)).length);else if(typeof s.start=="string"&&(test=list.filter("[href*='#"+s.start+"']")).length);if(test){test.removeClass(s.selected);test.trigger(s.event);}
return s;}
$.idTabs.settings={start:0,change:false,click:null,selected:".selected",event:"!click"};$.idTabs.version="2.2";$(function(){$(".idTabs").idTabs();});})(jQuery);}
var check=function(o,s){s=s.split('.');while(o&&s.length)o=o[s.shift()];return o;}
var head=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];var add=function(url){var s=document.createElement("script");s.type="text/javascript";s.src=url;head.appendChild(s);}
var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script');var src=s[s.length-1].src;var ok=true;for(d in dep){if(check(this,d))continue;ok=false;add(dep[d]);}if(ok)return init();add(src);})();

It's compressed, so I don't really expect you to find the answer, was just hoping someone might already know I guess. xD
Probably just due to all the { and $ usage. The security parser sometimes shows up false positives.
That's true; it is designed to fail when non MyBB or complex variables are used.

Your code is probably best suited in a JS file that is then linked to in the templates.