MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: tried to upgrade from 1.18 - 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to upgrade but all I got was blank pages.
So I re-installed the 1.18 and its back to normal.
So I tried a new directory for the 1.2 and used installer.
Worked a treat but how do I install the database back-up from the previous 1.1.8 because I can't hand code it all.
I have also put some plugins in. Is there anyway we can simply patch this to be 1.2 like previously?

My host phpAdmin simply shows me to upload the database that I backed-up but when I do that it says error those tables already exist.
If I drop table if exists will it cause problems?

So many questions I know.

I also wanted to do something with the template in 1.2 but it said that page didn't exist.
No idea????

Thanks
Nanny
Seems you are updating incorrectly.

There are 2 things to remember.

1. Uninstall any plugins (at least deactivate them).

2. Your old themes will NOT work. They will need to be rebuilt (not too difficult in most cases).

Now since you 1/2 updated and you went back to 1.8..you will need to DELETE the new database created and then reinstall your 1.8 database. I assume you made a great 1.8 backup just in case the upgrade went poorly? Once you get your 1.8 functional again..feel free to PM me if you want upgrade assistance.
Seems to be working OK today.
thanks I will let you know of any other problems.
Actually I can't seem to de-activate the plugin easy banner.
Any suggestions or should I simply delete it.
Will it be able to be uploaded again once this is deleted?
At the moment it isn'nt working anyway.
Thanks for your help.
Easy banner won't work with 1.2.
Thanks I just deleted it off my server, my pretty pages look plain without it but hopefully some new plugins will come available.
Thanks for your reply.