MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone know how to make a site like this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to make a site sorta like this MyBB site where there is a homepage and such, but you can click one button and you're taken to the forum?

I'm trying to make something sort of like this site but I just dont know how to format it like this. Do I just need to get another site and have that be the homepage and just make a link to the Forum?
http://www.communityplugins.com/forum/sh...php?tid=46

start there and then simply edit the portal template to make it look like you want. that way it is fully integrated with the forum
Okay, uh, I am a complete noob at all of this, and as far as programming goes I've only just started about 2 months ago. So, can you maybe dumb it down a bit? Toungue
You don't need to do any programming. Just follow the steps he gave.
I mean, like, where do I go to make these changes? Through the ACP, or through my FTP client, or where?
The cookie path is in your ACP. Use the search in there to find it.

The rest you can do via FTP by editing the files he says to edit (such as portal.php). These files are found in the root folder of your forum (where your forum installation is).
I've always though it was kind of an iframe thing, guess i was wrong...