MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Permissions Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make my forum www.imtiax.net so that

Guests can see all the threads in the section, but when they try to open the thread it gives them

Quote:You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:
You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.

I have seen other forums do this that use myBB, for example <snip - no linking to hacking sites>
Allow guests to view the forums but not to view threads. You can set this in the ACP.

HF gets away with doing this because they are huge and have a lot of content. If you are not in that league then I advise not to do this.
Okay but where would I set this in ACP for future reference.
Whoops - my mistake Big Grin

I am using a plugin to achieve this level of control:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/disable-guests