MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Flag / Bookmark favorite POSTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even the best and most information-rich threads are interspersed with tens or hundreds of useless posts that do nothing more than create waste to sort through, page after page looking for that one post with that great link or containing that vital information ... where the heck did I SEE that?! Was it this thread or that thread?! ... arrgh!!

How many minutes or hours are you willing to waste?

How about ZERO minutes + about 10 seconds?
  • How about a handy little button at the base of each forum post that lets you bookmark the post in your favorites, accessible from your UserCP?
  • Why not file it by category and thread ID?
  • Why not have an option to save such posts if the thread is ever deleted or archived in the future?

One of the biggest drawbacks of forums (IMO) is that they are terrible venues for information storage and retrieval. Great for tracking conversations, yes, but once the useful posts and threads begin to drown among the off-topic or otherwise non-contributing banter, then we are relegated to depending on the threadmaster or the mods to update the OP, which I would rather not refer to anyway.

I an frankly stunned that this has not been implemented in every forum solution on the planet by now .... If MyBB won't develop this as an integral feature, then we will eventually do so on our BB (step-project.com), but this seems too useful to limit to the status of a plugin. :whistling:
I think this has been discussed before. With having the ability to star a thread( or favorite it like gmail). But, I might also be thinking of the pm thread Toungue.
How about this right now as a plugin?

http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-favourite-posts
(2012-10-25, 06:13 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]How about this right now as a plugin?

http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-favourite-posts

That is definitely heading in the right direction (I missed it due to my American spelling of "favorite" I think); however, I'd still like to see this as a fully-integrated feature of MyBB and the configurability/seamlessness that would come with that.

I will implement on our BB and see if we can't build off of it as a starting point. Will share back any findings or potential improvements on this thread.

Thanks
(2012-10-25, 06:44 AM)z929669 Wrote: [ -> ]That is definitely heading in the right direction (I missed it due to my American spelling of "favorite" I think);

Yes, I had to search twice too Big Grin

Darned limeys etc etc....
pfff, complain all you want but the spelling indicates an American probably made it for you Toungue.