MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Change Page Title/Desc For SEO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I have been searching for hours now. I used this a month ago:
$tpTitle="MyCodeForum";

$pgDesc="A Small Discussion Board Is For Webmasters, Experienced Coders & New Coders Who Are Looking For A Place To Learn";

$pgKeywords="mycodeforum, etc";

so far this has done me nothing. I would like to change the title and description that shows up in Google.
if you have installed the product itself to your site then you should be able to do that via the admin control panel, if that doesn't work then try changing it in mybb.
however changing that will not update in google overnight, and may cause you to lose traffic that might have been coming your way.
(2012-10-27, 06:47 AM)Murder-Ink Wrote: [ -> ]if you have installed the product itself to your site then you should be able to do that via the admin control panel, if that doesn't work then try changing it in mybb.
however changing that will not update in google overnight, and may cause you to lose traffic that might have been coming your way.

where do you change it in the admin control panel?
Not sure if this is what you're asking, but you'll find the <title> tags in the templates index, portal, showthread, etc.
Yes, just changed the title tags and add a meta description to your index template.