MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whitelisting eamil for registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to do whitelisting for email when the users register themselves?

I have recently installed a board that's meant for only me and my classmates, who all share the same email-domain.

So, is it possible to do whitelisting, and if it is, then how?
It's not possible by default so you need a modification.
For that purpose you'll need a mod. However, you can enable administrator's approval so that you approve each member manually. You can enable administrator's approval from:

Admin Cp -> Change (under Board Settings) -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method -> Select "Administrator Activation" from the drop down list ...
Does such a mod exist?

The reason for wanting it is double.

1. I want to limit registration to the desired group of people
2. I also want to force them to use their school-email. That way they are bound by the school code of conuct when they visit the forum. (Since they do so as official students of the school)

If no mod exists, would it be ethicly acceptable to preregister my classmates and send them the username/password by email (internal email, not www email)?
Try the following file. Put it in inc/plugins folder and activate it from the plugin panel. You'll need to edit line 29 to the domain of your class email address.

Line 29
$valid_domain = 'domain.com';

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you might want to change the language string on line 33 to something better Smile
everyone registered before I had a chance to test the mod.
I've closed the registration now.

So I don't know if it worked or not.

But thanks for the help anyways. It's nice to find such a helpful forum when you're in trouble.