MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow forum to only one group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I got small problem with setting permission in more intelligent way in following scenario:
I got 12 groups of people and each group is supposed to have access to own forum and common forum. After some period of time there is going to be another 12 groups with same needs, etc.

So the only way I have found for now is to explicitly disallow other groups from accessing group specific forum. But as you can imagine, each time I add new group I need to go thru all the forums and disallow it for the new group again.

Is there other way to solve it? Because the number of edits I will have to do is rising dramatically.

thanks
Well, I found simplified method.
You have to create all of the private groups with zero permissions (don't worry they will still have the ability to view rest of the forum thanks to "registered" group permission). Then, when you are creating new forum, specify custom permission as following:

-for registered: disable everything
-for the group that should have access: allow what you need

So now you need to add only 2 custom permission per forum (as long as you don't create new group with default view permission, then you will have to disallow them in each group again)