MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Obscure Metal Forum - Forces Of Steel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Container color doesn't fit with the background image. Goodluck anyway!
(2012-11-01, 04:35 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only off-topic forum that you need is The Tavern. Forum games are lame, and forum games forums are even lamer. Disclaimer: On-topic forum games are less lame, and are perfect for the off-topic forum. Things like "Guess the song" or "How do you read this insanely illegible band logo?" would work.

If your members are all metalheads, 90% of the creative things they post will be on-topic and can go in the advertising section. Anything left over can go in The Tavern, so you don't need that creativity forum either.

Also, because you're a metal forum, you can do way better with forum titles. "Tours, Gigs and Festivals," for example, is pretty straightforward, but if you found a nifty lyric, song title or album name that fit the similar description, it might be a little more interesting for your users. "Live After Death" comes to mind.
The only reason we have a forum for the games is to keep the posts off the member's total post count, so that they don't count. Other than that yeah I understand that forum games are worthless and we might end up doing away with them. Nobody in our community really plays them anyhow and the members are there for the subject matter of our site. Thanks for the naming suggestions and CC. We will look into revamping some of our forum names!
Nice looking forum. The blue doesn't go too well with the black though. The background is really cool for the niche but it only it could blend in more with the main forum look and feel. However, that could be a good brand since metal music is chaos Toungue having a chaotic theme could help set the mood for your metal-head members, haha.
(2012-11-01, 06:53 AM)kruzzen Wrote: [ -> ]Nice looking forum. The blue doesn't go too well with the black though. The background is really cool for the niche but it only it could blend in more with the main forum look and feel. However, that could be a good brand since metal music is chaos Toungue having a chaotic theme could help set the mood for your metal-head members, haha.
What color do you suggest? Thanks for the comment!
I'm not sure, maybe you could use a color related to the background to blend it in more with the forum. My eyes are pretty bad so it could be just me :|
New content have been added to the downloads section and gallery. We now have over 1,200 posts by 56 members. That is a good post to member ratio and indicates that the majority of our small community is loyal and enjoys our site. I am pleased with the results thus far.
Good to hear you are starting to enjoy running a forum Smile

I know what you mean. I have one forum that is nearing 40,000 posts and its just a bit over a year old. I am extremely active on it every day. Its powered by another software so I won't link it.

But one trick I did with it to get more activity... I posted about 5 to 10 new topics in each main niche section every day that I visited for the first couple of months. Before I knew it I had several thousand posts and a bunch of replies from people replying to them. Smile The more fresh content you add, content with is unique, the more active your forum will get!
Music, an unsaturated niche. Good choice. What theme are you using?
Thanks! We made the theme ourselves.
1,700 posts and 61 members. We are growing at a steady pace at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3