MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing my ftp dicrectory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I make my directory like example/public_html/

any help please Wink
Make a folder called example, then put a folder in it called public_html?
I tried that already. It will just say 404 error even though I have everything in it
What exactly are you trying to do? If you want to make it your new document root, you'd have to edit httpd.conf, unless you're using cPanel and they have a option to do it...
you cannot change that, the folder Public_html is where the files for your website goes, you cannot change it, however you can have sub folders that you can have different names for such as www.thisismysite.com/forum well also be www.thisismysite.com/public_html/forum that's how it works
(2012-10-27, 11:25 AM)Murder-Ink Wrote: [ -> ]you cannot change that, the folder Public_html is where the files for your website goes, you cannot change it, however you can have sub folders that you can have different names for such as www.thisismysite.com/forum well also be www.thisismysite.com/public_html/forum that's how it works

You need to figure out what he has. If he's using a VPS or dedicated server, you can name the folders what ever you'd like. Files don't just "go" to a specific location. The default is actually /var/www/.