MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting an sql error whenever opening my board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm getting this error message whenever I open my board. Sometimes it is gone automatically after doing some hard refresh. But Now it is not going. Can anyone please help me that how to fix it?

Please
Take a look at the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/yUhOL.png
This is an issue with you host, you'll have to contact them.
Can you tell me what is the exact issue? So I could tell them. Also, I am going to change my host, transferring my site from this host to my own private server. So, if I took backup of the database of my forum in this situation, can you, will it be ok?
I'm really worried.
Please tell me how do I take a perfectly working backup of my board? I already downloaded all my files using ftp. But really tensed about how to backup my database, as it is showing this kind of error.
Please help.
Tell me way so that I can perfectly backup my forum, and transfer it to my private server without any issue.
Also please tell me, after I transfer my site to the new server, do I have to change the file permissions too, like I did when I installed mybb first?

Please help

this is happening only in the index.php, not on other page.

See: www.indianstudentforum.com/index.php --> Will showing this error
But
www.indianstudentforum.com/portal.php --> not showing this error, working fine.

Please please please help.

Now the index page showing blank page. Please help somebody, please.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sql+error+28+error+writing+file

Taking a backup should be fine but obviously you'd test it on a localhost no matter what.
In localhost, things working fine, but when I'm registering me to the index page without loging in. Will it be fixed when i upload it into a server?
Probably because of the cookie settings. So long as you ensure the cookie settings are correct it should be fine.