MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Daily E-mail Summary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using this method that is supposed to email a daily digest of activity to users - and task manager log is reporting that the process has been run successfully when it should - but nothing actually ever seems to be sent.

I am wondering what might be going wrong?

My site seems to be sending other emailed notifications ok.

The setup instructions say to substitute 'YourDomainURL.com' into line 81 of the supplied mailsummary.php script - which I have done, substituting my domain 'www.nzarchitecture.net.nz' .

I have looked at the script but don't know enough to detect anything wrong with with it.

I am not getting any error messages, so am wondering how can I trace the fault and find out what if anything is actually being collated for sending, and what if anything is actually being sent, and to whom?
Hi I’m also interested in a plugin with daily or weekly E-mail summary.

Is there anything close on the market?

Thanks a lot!
(2019-01-19, 08:10 PM)burzlbaum Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I’m also interested in a plugin with daily or weekly E-mail summary.

Is there anything close on the market?

Thanks a lot!

I directly commissioned a plugin in the end, that does most of what is required - it is called MyDigest, and it was coded by Diogo of mybb-plugins.com.  It was originally made for MyBB version 1.6 (or thereabouts) I believe, but I can confirm it still works under MyBB 1.8.19

I would have no problem with others using it for my part (in fact I think it should become a core part of MyBB), but you might want to contact Diogo about permission to use it - not sure now where the copyright resides.
Thanks for your fast reply, that’s helping a lot!