MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't install themes???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've having some problems with themes on MyBB. I'm very new to it so please forgive my ignorance. Basically, I've downloaded numerous themes from the MyBB downloads section which says they are all compatible with the latest version of MyBB (1.6.8 - which I am using) but everytime I import a theme I get a message saying the theme was made with another version. So I tick the ignore versioning check box but the themes then look like absolute rubbish when I apply them.

Things like buttons and logo's are missing.

Am I doing something wrong here?
(2012-10-27, 04:48 PM)kevquirk Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I've having some problems with themes on MyBB. I'm very new to it so please forgive my ignorance. Basically, I've downloaded numerous themes from the MyBB downloads section which says they are all compatible with the latest version of MyBB (1.6.8 - which I am using) but everytime I import a theme I get a message saying the theme was made with another version. So I tick the ignore versioning check box but the themes then look like absolute rubbish when I apply them.

Things like buttons and logo's are missing.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Did you also uploaded images folder in your host?
Ah ha! That's really helped. Thanks for the incredibly quick reply Jovan!

Is the versioning warning anything to worry about or is that a red herring?
You have to upload the images to correct location...
Go to: Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Your Installed theme..
See the Field "Image Directory" there and notice the path..
Suppose the path is "images/tech" (or something similar)

Then you have to upload the "tech" folder (or whatever you have downloaded with the package).
to the path
Your MyBB installation/images
You must be sure theme is made for 1.6 and to be sure when you are importing theme check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" box.
(2012-10-27, 04:54 PM)kevquirk Wrote: [ -> ]Is the versioning warning anything to worry about or is that a red herring?

It just means the theme author exported it from a different version of MyBB. It's nothing to worry about. Smile
Are you importing the images given into the image folder?
Can't believe how quickly you guys reply. I've got my problem sorted now guys. Thanks a lot!

No doubt I'll have more question as I progress.
(2012-10-27, 05:02 PM)kevquirk Wrote: [ -> ]Can't believe how quickly you guys reply. I've got my problem sorted now guys. Thanks a lot!

No doubt I'll have more question as I progress.

No problem, feel free to ask more questions. Smile