MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VIP Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin that only allows certain groups to access a specific thread? I know I can password protect threads but what if the password gets around! Basically how can I only allow VIP members to access VIP threads?
You can make specific category for VIP members, and make permission to that category so only VIP members can see it and post in it.
So you have one group (VIP group) and one category with forums. Permissions are set like that so only VIP are able to see it and post Smile
Thanks But to make it more secure I chose to use the invite to thread only plugin!
If you set permission to only one group that specific VIP group, there is no way somehow other members can see vip forum or do something with him. You can freely remove members from that group and add them. You don't need that plugin for invites.
What if they have the url itself to the page? Will they be able to access it?
I agree with JovanJ, it would seem a much better option to just create a vip usergroup and forum that allows access to only the group(s) you allow.

I'm not familiar with that plugin, but from the sounds of it, if you have to invite each and every VIP member to a thread, then that sounds like a ton of work. Maybe you have the spare time though.
(2012-10-28, 04:53 PM)natep321 Wrote: [ -> ]What if they have the url itself to the page? Will they be able to access it?

If you set the VIP group as the only group other than staff able to access the forum in question, no. Any other groups'll be met with a No Permissions error upon using the direct URL.
(2012-10-28, 04:53 PM)natep321 Wrote: [ -> ]What if they have the url itself to the page? Will they be able to access it?

Of course not. They dont have permission for it, so they cant access it.
They can have what ever they want, but they aren't able to access it Smile

Only if they are part of the groups that are allowed access.
Ok i see it gives the error you dont have permission to access this page!. Thanks much +1 for you Smile