MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Elements of array "$l"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and greetings all.

I'm looking for how certain elements of the array "$l" are called or used in printing text on the webpage.

I want to delete the "Current Time" that is displayed in the "Hello [UserName]" or "Welcome Back [UserName]" section since a person's computer displays the current time to someone.

I also want to display the thread of a forum above a message post instead of below it.

I've found in "global.lang.php" on line 36 where it says....
$l['welcome_current_time'] = "<strong>Current time:</strong> {1}";

And I've found in "showthread.lang.php" on line 66 where it says....
$l['messages_in_thread'] = "Messages In This Thread";

But I've not yet figured out how these elements of the array "$l" are derived and called upon for actually writing these contents on the webpage that a person looks at. I know it would be a simple thing to simply delete that line that loads the array element with the current time, but then that would mess up the place where that array element is referenced for displaying its contents. I know that the string "Messages In This Thread" would only come before a loop that then displays the subjects of the messages, but I've not yet figured out how or where that begins, and I want to put that before a message post is displayed instead of after.

There are other elements of this array "$l" that I want to do customizations with, but these 2 I write about are the ones I want to get figured out first and then the rest I am hoping won't be difficult to follow for how they are referenced. I am hoping there is something just very simple I am missing since I've not been involved with PHP for a long time, but so far I'm at a loss for figuring out how and where these things are done.
Language variables are called by the $lang object. EG: $l['messages_in_thread'] becomes $lang->messages_in_thread after the language file is loaded.