MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete something on the threadlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I want to delete a block of my threadlist. I have put a red circle arround the part I want to delete.

[Image: d7JFv.png]

I have found the template and code from the block, but if I simple delete the code the hole forum moves to the left and the rest of the blocks are not right annymore.

So how can I delete that block and the forum stays fine..

Thanks
hmmm have don the steps and the page is now mixed-up and nothing is right annymore.
Have the steps don second time but still the same problems

See screens
[attachment=27575]

How to fix this, I have realy don what is say on the topic
1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > New Thread Templates > newthread.

2. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > New Reply Templates > newreply.

3. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Edit Post Templates > editpost.

4. From all these templates, find and remove:

Code:
{$posticons}

5. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_thread.

6. Find and remove:

Code:
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}" width="2%">{$icon}</td>

7. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_threadlist.

8. Find:

Code:
<td class="tcat" colspan="3" width="66%"><span class="smalltext">

9. Replace with:

Code:
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" width="66%"><span class="smalltext">

10. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay_announcements_announcement.

11. Find and remove:

Code:
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}" width="2%">&nbsp;</td>

12. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_subscriptions_thread.

13. Find and remove:

Code:
<td align="center" class="trow2" width="1%">{$icon}</td>

14. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_latest_subscribed_threads.

15. Find and remove:

Code:
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}" width="2%">{$icon}</td>

16. Next, find:

Code:
<td class="{$bgcolor}">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

17. Replace with:

Code:
<td class="{$bgcolor}" colspan="2">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

18. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_latest_threads_threads.

19. Find and remove:

Code:

20. Next, find:

Code:
<td class="{$bgcolor}" >{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

21. Replace with:

Code:
<td class="{$bgcolor}" colspan="2">{$gotounread}{$thread['displayprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$new_class}">{$thread['subject']}</a><br /><span class="smalltext">{$thread['author']}</span></td>

22. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Show Thread Templates > showthread_similarthreads_bit.

23. Find and remove:

Code:
<td align="center" class="{$trow}" width="2%">{$icon}</td>

24. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Search Templates > search_results_posts_post.

25. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Search Templates > search_results_threads_thread.

26. From these templates, find and remove:

Code:

27. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Search Templates > search_results_posts.

28. Find:

Code:
<td colspan="9" class="thead">

29. Replace with:

Code:
<td colspan="8" class="thead">

30. Find:

Code:
<td class="tcat" align="center" colspan="3">

31. Replace with:

Code:
<td class="tcat" align="center" colspan="2">

32. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Search Templates > search_results_threads.

33. Find:

Code:
<td colspan="8" class="thead">

34. Replace with:

Code:
<td colspan="7" class="thead">

35. Find:

Code:

36. Replace with:

Code:

37. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Portal Templates > portal_announcement.

38. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Moderator Control Panel Templates > modcp_announcements_announcement.

39. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Moderator Control Panel Templates > modcp_announcements_announcement_global.

40. From all these templates, find and remove:

Code:
{$icon}

REMOVE FROM PRIVATE MESSAGES

1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Private Messaging Templates > private_send.

2. Find and remove:

Code:
{$posticons}

3. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Private Messaging Templates > private_messagebit.

4. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Private Messaging Templates > private_search_messagebit.

5. From these templates, find and remove:

Code:
<td align="center" class="trow2" width="1%">{$icon}</td>

6. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Private Messaging Templates > private.

7. Find:

Code:

8. Replace with:

Code:

CONCLUSION

Even after these lengthy modifications, post icons are still referenced in the database. That means if you reverted the modifications, post icons would go back to its place. So if you really want to delete post icons from the database, then you have to execute these SQL queries (in phpMyAdmin or a similar database manager) which will delete post icons from threads and posts:

PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_threads SET icon = '';

PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_posts SET icon = '';

Similarly, to delete post icons from private messages, execute this SQL query:

PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_privatemessages SET icon = '';

Like:http://community.mybb.com/thread-90769.html
I Take no Credit
Why copy here, I have allready don that on the link that I had from Yaldaram.. And I have don that 2 times but nothing will change or correct the page.....

I have the forum now good and everything looks fine now!!

Thanks everybody
(2012-10-28, 07:15 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm have don the steps and the page is now mixed-up and nothing is right annymore.
Have the steps don second time but still the same problems

See screens

How to fix this, I have realy don what is say on the topic
change colspan="x" to different number!
I had it already solved thanks annyway