MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: newbie getting started with threaded posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

...newbie getting started with threaded posts...

I just installed mybb and made a few test posts.... they seem to be displaying as NON THREADED, where new replies to early posts end up at bottom of list - not under the starting post (which I expected)...

Q: how do i set things up to display 'threaded' not linear display?

also

in admin cp I set the thread view options to:
Usenet Style Thread View

but that didn't seem to help hmmm?
a url: to the Bullentine board would help c=
sure - this is just a test but here you go..

http://brainbeast.com/zzmybb/showthread.php?tid=1

the last post at bottom was reply to 1st post...

i was expecting it to be under 1st - not at bottom.... is this correct?

hmmm now I'm confused...

seems to show a list of threading at bottom sometimes...

but I would like to have it show:

a full page of 20 or so posts but SORTED in a threaded order (so my reply to 1st is under the one I'm replying to not at the bottom)... is that possible?
If you're referring to the links at the bottom to other posts in the thread, this is indeed how threaded mode is supposed to work in MyBB.
(2012-10-28, 07:37 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]If you're referring to the links at the bottom to other posts in the thread, this is indeed how threaded mode is supposed to work in MyBB.

Thanks StingReay for the help...

... I would like to have it show:

a full page of 20 or so posts but SORTED in a threaded order (so my reply to 1st is under the one I'm replying to not at the bottom)... is that possible?

the list at the bottom is fine also but I would like the above choice also -

can you send me a link to anyone elses BB that is working as expected so i can have a look
Yeah what he said if you have a skype - please add me - i will add you actually - PM Me your skype
still curious if about this...

... I would like to have it show:

the list at the bottom is fine also but I would like the above choice also -