MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Main page help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, last month i saw that MyBB is powerful and good forum that i can to use, and now i have question, i think it's simple, so how i can make main page of my link not the forum? Like in myBB.com , if you will go to myBB.com there will be page not the forums, but "home" , and in navigation there is link to go to the forums, how i can make something like that? I have plugin to make simple additional pages

-Sorry for my bad English
You can always use the idea or intergration or code the main page and just link into the forum. However I recomend utilizing the portal system for this. To make /portal.php your home go to your root and open .htaccess and add the line:
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html
(2012-10-29, 05:18 AM)Xige Time Wrote: [ -> ]You can always use the idea or intergration or code the main page and just link into the forum. However I recomend utilizing the portal system for this. To make /portal.php your home go to your root and open .htaccess and add the line:
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html
I added that but still nothing
There is an excellent tutorial on community plugins for this:

http://www.communityplugins.com/forum/sh...php?tid=46

I have used it on several sites.