MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Opening Very Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,
From few days I'm facing a really big issue on my forum, that is Really Slow Opening.
It is really opening very slow. I dont know why. Is it my Host issue? Though, from past few weeks, my sever load is always showing >3.0 to 6.0 sometimes, it is hugely increasing upto 35 or 70. Anyways, I also use some plugins. I'm providing the list or the plugins bellow within the screenshot:
[Image: 7gwyJ.jpg]

Please check and let me know. My board is not really a big board. But I'm really tensed that why it is happening. PLease tell me what to do to resolve this matter.

I'm waiting for your help guys.
That's a log of plugins!
If you go to http://yoursite.com/?debug=1 how many queries etc are there?
92 queries.
Check the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/agyLX.jpg
First thing to do is turn off prostats. It's a known resource hog. As posted above, posting your debug log could also help further.

Who are you hosted with too? If I understand you and you really mean the server load hits 70 then you certainly need a better host who don't overcrowd their servers.

EDIT Just saw your last post. Definitely disable prostats and possibly consider disabling the tagcloud plugin (no idea how optimised it is as I don't have access to yaldaram's stuff). 92 queries is crazy for the index - a base install uses 9; you're getting into vB5 Beta query counts there...
You have way way to many plugins. Remove them all and see if your site speeds up at all.
How many no of queries are OK?

After disabling prostats the no of sql queries become 64. Is it ok now? Also the Tag Cloud plugin is already deactivated.
If the default is 9 queries you want to be as close to that number as possible. Mine is currently 24 and the index page loads in under a second.

A lot of the plugins you have Installed could be achieved by editing templates / hard edits.

*edit: You could also disable all plugins from the ACP and then test it to see if it speeds up dramatically.
I have 27 queries on index and it's already too much (almost not noticable but still). Why using that many plugins? Kinda useless Menu Manager and Footer Code, 10 antispams while Stop Forum Spam and Registration Question are sufficient.
Quote:If the default is 9 queries you want to be as close to that number as possible. Mine is currently 24 and the index page loads in under a second.

A lot of the plugins you have Installed could be achieved by editing templates / hard edits.

*edit: You could also disable all plugins from the ACP and then test it to see if it speeds up dramatically.

can you tell me which are those? and how to do that hard edit, so that I can disable those plugins but still get those features.

(2012-10-29, 05:42 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I have 27 queries on index and it's already too much (almost not noticable but still). Why using that many plugins? Kinda useless Menu Manager and Footer Code, 10 antispams while Stop Forum Spam and Registration Question are sufficient.

Well actually I use Piwik as my analytic program for which I must need to include that piwik code to the footer before </body> tag. And it is really hard to manually copy those code everywhere thats why I use it.

Also are you sure, only those two plugin is sufficient for stop spamming in my board?
(2012-10-29, 05:43 PM)godgifted Wrote: [ -> ]Also are you sure, only those two plugin is sufficient for stop spamming in my board?

Yes, really sure. I use that combination since 8 month, no single spambot registered with over 200 spam guests daily.
Pages: 1 2