MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Turtle Moves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I'd just like to introduce my forums at my new site The Turtle Moves.

The whole site is for fans of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series of books, and I've skinned the forums and made them look as integrated as possible with the rest of the site.

You can find the forums here: http://www.theturtlemoves.com/forums and browse around the site to see how integrated things actually are - on the frontpage at http://www.theturtlemoves.com , news is pulled from the news forum, events from the calendar, latest topics from the latest forum topics etc.

In fact, rather than build my own CMS, some of the site pages (links, competitions and interviews) are actually pulled from topics in a hidden admin-only forum so admins can update them simply by editing a thread!

Quick Notes: The forum skin was stripped down to make a simpler interface on the main forum index. Because it's crammed into a narrowish space, I couldn't have spearate columns for all the info such as posts, threads and latest topics. There's also a good chance that some pages look a little odd, but anything broken will be fixed soon.

My coding isn't the best and it's not easy to implement, so please don't ask me to release the code behind the site. Chances are if you know enough PHP to integrate my code into your own site then you could just as easily do it yourself Wink Besides, all it does is initialise myBB outside of the forums and use it's functions for the most part Smile

Finally, if you're a Discworld fan, please sign up to the site and join in the discussion (or rather kick off the discussion as the site's brand new!). If you're not, please feel free to have a look around anyway, just don't sign up for the heck of it Wink
It is looking great .... very nice overall Big Grin .... you should just change those status icons Wink ...
Aye, I'm thinking a small icon of a turtle. I'm keeping my eyes open for something suitable.
Looks chic. Very Vanilla-ish in it's presentation. Excellent job.
Excellent use of the templates system!

Very nicely done. Smile
Cheers all Smile

I'll freely admit I did have a peek at Vanilla for some ideas on how to display all the data more simply whilst still retaining all the information.

My only problem is that I couldn't think of a good way to display subforums without adding clutter, but it shouldn't matter much as visitors will see them when they enter the parent forum anyway.
Nicely done. Very impressive.
Very very very nice theme!! Big Grin
wow, I  really like this one.  Ive saved it to my favourites Smile
Thankies for that!
I like it! This has an almost "blog" look to it. Very nice job !
Pages: 1 2