MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I Change Theme Template Via Database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me please how i can change my forum theme via my database? There is a reason for this lol its due to errors from a past template.
Your current theme changed so much that you can't access the ACP, what kind of theme does that?

It can be done, but I'm not sure I want to post that info and later have you upset at me for it breaking further.

I'll give you a hint at what I'd do.

Change the Style ID with a known good theme ID for your admin user.

You really shouldn't go mucking around in the database to change themes though. No offense intended, but it sounds like you shouldn't be mucking in the db at all..

You do any of this, take full responsibility, be sure you BACKUP FIRST..
Well its due to me moving servers too but things have messed up pretty bad at the moment. I am seeing no login section but i have just received a pm telling me how to change the theme via database but now when i go to login it wont let me login to my site.

Im pretty stuck now Sad
I would guess based on you stating you've moved servers that you need to adjust the cookie paths and maybe other paths..

Check the settings in ./inc/settings.php and possibly ./inc/config.php
pay special attention to your cookie settings as I suspect that is your bigger problem.. you might even need to clear them from your browser to resolve the login problem.

Do a google search, there is plenty of help here on this subject.
I really don't know i cannot see anything wrong in ftp files ect but still it wont let me login and my templates are messed up. I am sure some of this is down to my old host because my new host had noticed how they had added all sorts to my FTP files to run my VPS hosting.
Might be able to give you a few more pointers if we had more info to go on, might consider a link to your site if you have something to link to at all.
I have just put a fresh set of mybb files ect on via ftp but this is the mess i have... http://176.32.230.4/wirraltalk.co.uk/wirraltalk/
The header template is not included at all for starters. Once that gets included you'll be able to see a log in box. In the database you should check the index template for {$header}.