MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want cPanel! And want it now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys =) You haven't seen me in a while. I've been trying to get back into the game, but actually investing in my projects this time. I've checked out one host and then another, but I'm always disappointed and get a refund and try again.

I want cPanel. I want to be able to name my own databases and users. I want to be able to edit my files once they're uploaded. And I want a host that's reliable. Can anyone provide any assistance because going at it alone seems to reap disappointment and frustration.
Try Siteground. I've been with them for years and they always have the latest hardware and cPanel. They have phenominal customer service as well.
do you want a real host or do you want a reseller? i have always been partial to a real host but you pay more
Bihira are amazing, they have cPanel and like Siteground, they have amazing support. They also do dedicated servers if that's what you're after.
hawkhost.com
byethost
dreamhost
etc

are some of the reliable hosts.
(2012-10-30, 07:29 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]do you want a real host or do you want a reseller? i have always been partial to a real host but you pay more

What exactly is the difference? I just need a place to hold my files, really.
Real webmasters use the command line. ssh and vi are all I need to manage my VPS. I could have gotten cPanel but why bother when I have a more powerful option available.

I currently use URPad but those are unmanaged (no support beyond fixing things that are their fault) so that's why they're so cheap. Their 'Web Hosting' plans might be supported though, and come with cPanel.
Please discuss webhosting in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html Smile Thanks.