MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to convert Xenforo to Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Need to convert a xenforo database to MyBB, is there anyway to do this for free?
(2012-10-30, 11:27 PM)profx Wrote: [ -> ]Need to convert a xenforo database to MyBB, is there anyway to do this for free?

I had a quick look and I did not see any converter for xenforo. You can request a converter be made for you for free. Or convert to another forum providing they have a xenforo converter and then convert to Mybb.
We unfortunately have no xenforo converter as standard. I don't know of any other free software with supported converters either (phpbb doesn't and I'm fairly sure SMF doesn't). This site advertises Xenforo to MyBB conversions for $95 though so they might be worth looking at if you have the money.
(2012-10-30, 11:33 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-30, 11:27 PM)profx Wrote: [ -> ]Need to convert a xenforo database to MyBB, is there anyway to do this for free?

I had a quick look and I did not see any converter for xenforo. You can request a converter be made for you for free. Or convert to another forum providing they have a xenforo converter and then convert to Mybb.

How do I go about requesting a free one?
You could try posting in the R/S/J forum and see if anybody is willing but I doubt anybody would do it for free. Writing a module for the merge system is no small task whatsoever. We will likely have an official module at some point in the future but it's impossible to say when.
I highly doubt anyone will do it for free. It's not an easy task.

There is one in development for MyBB but it isn't ready to use yet.
Indeed. Coding a new converter from scratch will be a difficult and very time consuming task and unless someone has way too much time in their hands you will have a hard time to find someone to do it for free.
i have one i made it. But it will cost 50usd . Can merge upto 3gb sql only. Pm me if you want. I will convert it to you .
I recently moved from xenforo to mybb by bouncing through vbulletin 4

it turned out well, no data lost.
(2012-11-02, 09:24 AM)Richard.R Wrote: [ -> ]I recently moved from xenforo to mybb by bouncing through vbulletin 4

it turned out well, no data lost.
Richard, could you upload converter to vb please or post the link to converter.
Pages: 1 2