MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paying for sick userbars.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Definitely effone. No doubt about it. Smile
(2012-11-01, 04:03 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Disagree, I prefer effone's tbh.

They're very loud and tacky. Like wrestling costumes.
I've made elaborate ranks, just not with huge images like that since I don't think those are too appealing.

[Image: kirakirapreview.png]
[Image: skyrank_preview.png]
[Image: Preview-1.png]
I am going to have to go with effone's on this one.
Audentio/FullMetal are much more professional and in my opinion much better.
(2012-11-01, 07:36 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]I've made elaborate ranks, just not with huge images like that since I don't think those are too appealing.

I'm really shocked on your words friend. I didn't put a single word on your job, on the contrary I'm a huge fan of your work. I'm not in a position to compete you any way. You are a brand name.

I've just shown some of my random works as OP had asked for some samples. Being a designer you must be knowing the client's choice is the final and that reflects on the job. Its not like my design contains big scattered huge icons, hence I can't do sleek works.

What about this? still not appealing I guess ...

[Image: 20c8663b9a60f35f0d7848f72eb77e4a.png]

Go ahead dear, its yours. I'm not the one coming to your way. Smile
Again, you're taking my words as a misunderstanding and honestly you seem to be ignoring the fact that the majority of the people here have said they liked yours over mine. Personally I never saw as those big images being appealing since usually you can't find a whole set of images from the same pack therefore pushing you to look for other packs with similar design, if you're unable to find it you either add whichever image you need regardless if it looks awkward or not, or you try to look for another pack that suits your complete needs. I'd rather do my own icons and designs than rely on other packs that limit you.

That being said, I've never said anything about your work as it's personal preference the fact that I think big images like that limit your work, plus it's personal preference the fact that I am not a fan of them, regardless I do think you've done a nice job - I never said otherwise.

Regardless, I like the black version of them (the userbars you've posted), though they are too dark but could work, on light background though, they look very awkward. Good job on those, though.

In the future, I would really prefer if you stopped assuming things that are not - if you're unsure I'd like it if you messaged me first because honestly I'm not always in the mood to try to explain myself over something so silly.
(2012-11-01, 09:08 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Again, you're taking my words as a misunderstanding and honestly you seem to be ignoring the fact that the majority of the people here have said they liked yours over mine. Personally I never saw as those big images being appealing since usually you can't find a whole set of images from the same pack therefore pushing you to look for other packs with similar design, if you're unable to find it you either add whichever image you need regardless if it looks awkward or not, or you try to look for another pack that suits your complete needs. I'd rather do my own icons and designs than rely on other packs that limit you.

That being said, I've never said anything about your work as it's personal preference the fact that I think big images like that limit your work, plus it's personal preference the fact that I am not a fan of them, regardless I do think you've done a nice job - I never said otherwise.

Regardless, I like the black version of them (the userbars you've posted), though they are too dark but could work, on light background though, they look very awkward. Good job on those, though.

In the future, I would really prefer if you stopped assuming things that are not - if you're unsure I'd like it if you messaged me first because honestly I'm not always in the mood to try to explain myself over something so silly.
You choose to state that large images do not look appealing to you, in what way was that linked to the post? It was not. However, your competition if you like, was using rather large images. So it was a direct attack, you may say it was not, but your statement was not necessary nor mandatory. He said nothing about your work, so why state that you think lerge images are not appealing? Well, the answer is simple, you were trying to make your opponent seem unprofessional. A "brand name" like yours if you like, some people may think "He thinks large images are not appealing, it must be true" Well because if you did not know what you were doing, you clearly would not be where you are today. No matter how you put it, it was a direct attack, unless you can explain to me why you put it in your post, even although the post was not asking, "do you think large images are appealing?".
Everything comes down to personal preference and as I stated in my post I don't think big images are too appealing (They don't look professional most of the time because of what I had already explained), again you seem to miss the point that more than half of the people in this thread prefer his over mine, so I'm sorry but can you stop looking like an idiot?

It all comes down to personal preference, I would really like if people stopped ignoring and started reading. Thanks.
Stop it guys, MyBB is not a competition community and you (those not related to the thread at all) don't really need to publicly say which designers appeal more to your like, not when it goes off-topic or is not related to the OT anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3