MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Posts Forum Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-11-04, 02:52 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 03:14 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]please add on portal..i use portal as chatbox page and i want to add recent posts below the chatbox..

If you will need support with this or you want to request extra things to be added please post at the mod thread at my forum. I support of my mods there.

(2012-11-04, 06:32 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]If someone posts a topic or reply will it show on the recent posts without refreshing the page or will you have to refresh the page?

You will have to refresh the page to see the newly added content.

With the next update, can you make that update auto maticly but not refresh the whole page like it does in the who's online just like a refresh in the back ground sort of.
(2012-11-10, 05:12 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 02:52 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 03:14 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]please add on portal..i use portal as chatbox page and i want to add recent posts below the chatbox..

If you will need support with this or you want to request extra things to be added please post at the mod thread at my forum. I support of my mods there.

(2012-11-04, 06:32 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]If someone posts a topic or reply will it show on the recent posts without refreshing the page or will you have to refresh the page?

You will have to refresh the page to see the newly added content.

With the next update, can you make that update auto maticly but not refresh the whole page like it does in the who's online just like a refresh in the back ground sort of.

I don''t think there will be another update. As due to lack of free time I can not spend any more time on my free plugins in the way of adding extra options/features in them.

I will support them only in troubleshooting any issues that users might have while installing and/or using them.
can i change table width? i want to change the column width
(2012-11-28, 05:58 PM)sutriwilnes Wrote: [ -> ]can i change table width? i want to change the column width

Yes you can. I support my mods at their threads in my own forum. In this case that would here:

http://www.forumservices.eu/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7
I also would like to ask about how to change the width because the posters name is not fully shown. Tried to register on your site for support but it said that registrations are not possible. So what Template etc. I have to go to change the width ? Any help is appreciated. Wink

Wolfseye

P.S: Never mind, found it myself in the plugin file. Wink

Ok, the bad news is that this Plugin seems to collide with the following Plugin:

Admin Can Login as Any User

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=268

I get the following when I try to login (as Admin) as another user from within the User's profile.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE t.fid NOT IN (21) AND t.visible = '1' GROUP BY t.tid ORDER BY ' at line 9
Query:
SELECT t.tid, t.fid, t.subject, t.lastpost, t.lastposter, t.lastposteruid, f.name, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup FROM mybb_threads AS t INNER JOIN mybb_forums as f ON (f.fid = t.fid) LEFT JOIN mybb_users AS u ON (t.lastposteruid = u.uid) WHERE t.fid NOT IN ('25','6','34','10','11','26') WHERE t.fid NOT IN (21) AND t.visible = '1' GROUP BY t.tid ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC LIMIT 5

As soon as I disabled the Recent Posts on Index plugin, everything worked fine again. Too bad.
i dont know why but the recent post plugins is appearing 2 times on my forum index please help me so that i can fix it

thank you
and so sorry for my english

link is below
http://www.indianforum.tk/index.php
(2013-06-21, 07:51 PM)indianbloger Wrote: [ -> ]i dont know why but the recent post plugins is appearing 2 times on my forum index please help me so that i can fix it

thank you
and so sorry for my english

link is below
http://www.indianforum.tk/index.php
go to your index templates find and the code something like this {latest_posts} if you see two codes just remove one
(2012-10-31, 03:50 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]This mod will add the most recent posts of your forum at the top of your forum index. The permissions are carried intact. i.e. the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the posts from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view.

Also posts from forums set as Inactive will not show up. The same goes for the invisible posts too.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the inc folder inside to the root of your forum folder preserving the structure intact. Then to configure it go to your Acp->Configuration->Settings->Forum Home Options. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see 2 extra settings added. One is to turn the plugin on/off and the other to decide how many posts you would like to show at the Recent Posts Stats Box.

For more please check out the attached screenshots.

If you will need support with this please post at the mod thread at my forum. Thank you Smile

http://www.forumservices.eu/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7

I would love to get support for this mod (at your site), but it seems that your mysql is messed up. So with that being said, how does a noob like me get the plugin to place the latest at the top of the page? I tried searching for it here but the search function is awkward at best. Maybe i'm not using it correctly or not using the right wildcards.
As much I know borbole has stopped coding MyBB Plugins and left MyBB 7 months back.
If you detail your problem or what you are trying to do, some of here can help you.
(2013-07-30, 05:14 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]As much I know borbole has stopped coding MyBB Plugins and left MyBB 7 months back.
If you detail your problem or what you are trying to do, some of here can help you.

Well, i didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. I basically want the recent posts to show at the top of the page, by default the recents are showing at the bottom of the page. What do i need to do to change this?

*edit*

Nvm. I decided to play around in the templates and figured it out.
In the index template of whatever theme i want to use, i just moved

{$forums}
{$recenttopics}
to this
{$recenttopics}
{$forums}
Pages: 1 2 3 4