MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Posts Forum Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This mod will add the most recent posts of your forum at the top of your forum index. The permissions are carried intact. i.e. the group/groups that does/have not permissions to view a forum, will not be able to see the posts from the forum/forums that they are not allowed to view.

Also posts from forums set as Inactive will not show up. The same goes for the invisible posts too.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the inc folder inside to the root of your forum folder preserving the structure intact. Then to configure it go to your Acp->Configuration->Settings->Forum Home Options. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see 2 extra settings added. One is to turn the plugin on/off and the other to decide how many posts you would like to show at the Recent Posts Stats Box.

For more please check out the attached screenshots.

If you will need support with this please post at the mod thread at my forum. Thank you Smile

http://www.forumservices.eu/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7
Thank you for the approval Smile

*Reserved*
this can be shown on portal?
No, it shows only on the forum index.

For those interested I released a new mod that will add the recent threads in a sidebar at your forum. Here it takes a little long to be approved so if you want to download it in meanwhile you can do so at my forum:

http://www.forumservices.eu/mybb/showthread.php?tid=9
please add on portal..i use portal as chatbox page and i want to add recent posts below the chatbox..
If someone posts a topic or reply will it show on the recent posts without refreshing the page or will you have to refresh the page?
(2012-11-04, 03:14 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]please add on portal..i use portal as chatbox page and i want to add recent posts below the chatbox..

If you will need support with this or you want to request extra things to be added please post at the mod thread at my forum. I support of my mods there.

(2012-11-04, 06:32 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]If someone posts a topic or reply will it show on the recent posts without refreshing the page or will you have to refresh the page?

You will have to refresh the page to see the newly added content.
(2012-11-04, 03:14 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]please add on portal..i use portal as chatbox page and i want to add recent posts below the chatbox..

Melchor, recent posts is already included in the standard portal.php.
(2012-11-04, 02:56 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]

Melchor, recent posts is already included in the standard portal.php.
yeah but i dont like the templates
(2012-11-05, 04:47 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]yeah but i dont like the templates

So edit the latest_threads templates inside the portal template set.
Pages: 1 2 3 4