MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] - Utopica another IPB -> MyBB conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So basic, so misaligned, not a single color is used more then once in this theme, yellow logo (why?), random arrow before the navigation (no idea what the use is), view new content link is not even on the same line and is a different size font, menu has like a 120px margin on the right, not a single gradient used in the theme except for the sidebar and navigation, black on a silver gradient for the navigation (why?), forumbit is ugly, first section has a 1px border on the top while the second has a 2px border (why?), can't tell the difference between the on/off icons, and there's still a lot more I probably didn't notice or can't see yet. I wouldn't pay a dime for this theme. Nothing goes together and the concept all together is bad. Why is the table head, navigation, and the menu links the only thing that's rounded? There's a text-shadow in the title of the sidebar but no where else...

Theme is okay for a first free release by a user but definitely not a paid release for a user who has no prior releases...do you even have a place to sell the theme????
Well first of all you don't have to buy it, I'm sure that there will be people that dislike and people that dislike my work. And second of all you don't have to flame it away if you don't got anything better to say. And Logo is yellow to make it more clear for the user, I picked yellow since I found it to be nice suiting for blue and has worked for IPB users for a while now. The customer may change the logo color or the whole logo to an image if they want to, I'll be sure to include a guide.

The random arrow is not random, it shall be moved and it's used to collapse the sidebar. The margin on the menu isn't done yet, and I never claimed to be done with the skin or did I? The header_bar that you say is black and silver isn't black and silver, it's not it's shades of gray.

As for the top border I know that it's a bug and has been mentioned earlier in this thread so read first and write after. Regarding the on/off icons which are the forum markers, they aren't done and as you can see there are no new posts made to be shown hence why it displays as none posts so get your fact clear before you write once again.

I don't care if you wont pay anything and I wouldn't like you as a customer if you're going to act like a little child and whine. As I earlier stated, there will be people that dislike and there will be those who like it.

And yes I got my own website, so there's no problem since I'm already selling IPB skins.

TL;DR Get your fact right, and learn to read titles of topics which clearly says [WIP] as in Work in Progress

Best regards,
btmach
(2012-11-05, 02:25 PM).btmach Wrote: [ -> ]Well first of all you don't have to buy it, I'm sure that there will be people that dislike and people that dislike my work. And second of all you don't have to flame it away if you don't got anything better to say. And Logo is yellow to make it more clear for the user, I picked yellow since I found it to be nice suiting for blue and has worked for IPB users for a while now. The customer may change the logo color or the whole logo to an image if they want to, I'll be sure to include a guide.

The random arrow is not random, it shall be moved and it's used to collapse the sidebar. The margin on the menu isn't done yet, and I never claimed to be done with the skin or did I? The header_bar that you say is black and silver isn't black and silver, it's not it's shades of gray.

As for the top border I know that it's a bug and has been mentioned earlier in this thread so read first and write after. Regarding the on/off icons which are the forum markers, they aren't done and as you can see there are no new posts made to be shown hence why it displays as none posts so get your fact clear before you write once again.

I don't care if you wont pay anything and I wouldn't like you as a customer if you're going to act like a little child and whine. As I earlier stated, there will be people that dislike and there will be those who like it.

And yes I got my own website, so there's no problem since I'm already selling IPB skins.

TL;DR Get your fact right, and learn to read titles of topics which clearly says [WIP] as in Work in Progress

Best regards,
btmach

Get your facts right and realize you posted this in a section for criticism and you better be open for people who don't like it. We don't care if you're converting this theme from IP.Board. Quite frankly, I'd rather you didn't. Be original.
Pages: 1 2 3