MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP!! how to make tabs..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-11-01, 12:52 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-01, 12:17 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-31, 08:39 PM)3lidoffad Wrote: [ -> ]Why I am being warned? I dont know how to make it that is why I am seeking help.. Is there anything wrong with asking?

Simply saying that the idea of using any form of tabs is a bad idea. It is in the best interest for you and your forum that they are not used here. People on this community don't tend to take well to people who use them.

And why would that be? Why should anyone care what plugin one uses or does not use at his/her own forum?

Have you been in the showcase section in a while? Forums with tabs are cancer in there.
Why would anyone even need tabs for a brand new forum? If it's empty, then people may not even realise there are multiple tabs, and think there is only a single section.

The ONLY people who ever need tabs on their forum are those, such as HF, where the number of discrete sections makes it impossible to have one long list. Instead, people can go to a specific section and find what they are looking for.

New forums NEVER need tabs. Period.
(2012-11-01, 01:16 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]New forums NEVER need tabs. Period.
(2012-11-01, 01:03 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-01, 12:52 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-01, 12:17 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-31, 08:39 PM)3lidoffad Wrote: [ -> ]Why I am being warned? I dont know how to make it that is why I am seeking help.. Is there anything wrong with asking?

Simply saying that the idea of using any form of tabs is a bad idea. It is in the best interest for you and your forum that they are not used here. People on this community don't tend to take well to people who use them.

And why would that be? Why should anyone care what plugin one uses or does not use at his/her own forum?

Have you been in the showcase section in a while? Forums with tabs are cancer in there.

I have not paying close attention to this thing but again, what mods people use in their forums, is their business only. The OP seems to like tabs, so to each its own I would say.

(2012-11-01, 01:16 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Why would anyone even need tabs for a brand new forum? If it's empty, then people may not even realise there are multiple tabs, and think there is only a single section.

The ONLY people who ever need tabs on their forum are those, such as HF, where the number of discrete sections makes it impossible to have one long list. Instead, people can go to a specific section and find what they are looking for.

New forums NEVER need tabs. Period.

That is your opinion. You don''t like them but someone else does. No need to be on other people case because they want to use something which you dislike. It is their own forum and they can use whatever mods/plugins they wish there as long as it is not nulled. Like you can use whatever mods/plugins you want at your forum without caring if other people like them or not.
borbole, the GENRAL opinion around here is that using tabs on a new forum is a bad idea. It's not just Tom's opinion.
(2012-11-01, 02:50 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]borbole, the GENRAL opinion around here is that using tabs on a new forum is a bad idea. It's not just Tom's opinion.

I gathered as much but what I meant is that that does not mean that one should get in people case because they want to use it. The OP seems to like it, so let them think for themselves what is a bad idea or a good one for the mods that they want to use in THEIR OWN FORUMS.

Anyway this seems to be getting into an argument and this is not the right forum for that.
Borbole, I'm assuming your new to all this. Basically, tabs is a weak excuse to create even more sections than generally seen. It also makes the site look cluttered and noobish, nothing unique. New members tend to not realize this, and load up their forums with tons of junk.. Not a good approach.
(2012-11-01, 03:07 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Borbole, I'm assuming your new to all this. Basically, tabs is a weak excuse to create even more sections than generally seen. It also makes the site look cluttered and noobish, nothing unique. New members tend to not realize this, and load up their forums with tons of junk.. Not a good approach.

No, I am not new to this and I am not arguing the efficiency/usefulness of the tabs either. That is not the point. All I am saying is that people should choose for themselves what they want/like, be that a bad or good mod. In this case the OP seems to like it and that is all what matters.
Well for the others doesn't know the reason why I need tabs is that my forum have lots of sections and categories.. and if i will not put it in tabs the forums looks very long.. as you know gsm forums have lots of sections.. specially when it talks about the supports and products.. Maybe if you have nothing to say, don't judge what I want if you don't have any other opinion that is helpful..
Would it not be better to just condense your forum with less sub forums?
Pages: 1 2 3