MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Configuration doesnt work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help me the way to solve these problems .

Configuration of My forum in AntServe doesnt work .
when I moved to AntServe , the configuration settings are disabled . Folders and the files permissions have changed , but that does not work , the error is:
"File does not exist or is being blocked due to potential violation of our Terms of Service."

My CP doesnt work in two sections

/forum/admin/index.php?module=config
And
/forum/admin/index.php?module=config-settings
======
MySQL version 5.1.65-cll
======
That is a strange error you get there. Contact your host and ask them what it is in those files that it is against their tos.
I contacted with AntServe Host , They said me:
=============
Fix for problems like this:

Step for step tutorial:
1. Download the entire forums down to your computer, with a html page with a link to the forums
2. Open the forums on your computer
3. Confirm that the forums is opened on your computer, url looks like this: file:///C:/Users/username/documents/site/forums/index.php (This can be different, depending where you saved it).
4. Go to the admin panel and edit the permissions

If you do it this way, you won't get an error. There is no need to reupload the file, the permissions are stored in the database. Even if you run it from your computer, the database is still connected to it, else you could not open the forums.
====================
I cant underestand steps 3&4
I opened the forum on my computer, but how to go to admin panel for editing the premissions ?
For some reason, they are blocking it and want you to work around it by editing it locally then having it save to the database(from what I've read). The best option IMO would be to find a new host as editing anything will be a chore.
There is nothing in those files that could cause potential violation of any kind of Terms of Service. At least in their unmodified default state.

If I were you I would start to look for another host if they are being difficult about something like this.
(2012-11-03, 09:28 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing in those files that could cause potential violation of any kind of Terms of Service. At least in their unmodified default state.

If I were you I would start to look for another host if they are being difficult about something like this.
Thanks Stephon and borbole Heart . AntServe is a free host but Woozy Huh , with too much " Internal Server Error " Huh. I moved to new address .