MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Git gui, work flow and tutorials?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking at Git right now and have posted the latest MyBBPublisher to it. Its taking me a lot longer than I expected to get the hang of it.

I have been using SVN on my desktop here at home and then connecting with RapidSVN on my desktop and netbook (both Ubuntu) to write the code, track changes, commit, etc. I am used to the RapidSVN GUI and the SVN work flow.

I am looking for the best free Linux GUI for browsing AND committing to Git. I also need some good tutorials on best practices, etc.

edit: I am still trying to decide if I want to move to Git or stick with my local SVN
RabbitVCS is the best GUI for Git on Linux that I've used. That actually reminds me I should try and install it on this work station...

You might also want to try gitk. I used it before I had memorized all the common Git commands.
Thanks for the hints. I am looking at both of those.

I was able to get RapidSVN to connect to the Git repo but accessing anything is very slow, however, once I check out a copy,the work flow is what I am used to. Committing a little slower than the command line but it works.