MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Star / Ranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is an old problem that has never really been addressed.. Sad

There is only one path that can be set to the "Stars" images and it's a pain.

Could we please have the star-path in the Db to point to the user's current template; So that the "Stars" can be included in the template's own images dir. Smile

Looks Good...

[attachment=4274]

Change themes...... Looks awful..

[attachment=4275]

I assume a VAR can be added to each template set to overide the path to the default ranks as the last resort... ??
Moving to suggestions & feedback.
Each theme has its own option to point to a directory when you create the theme. Which is proper when themeing. Take the whole images folder in the default MyBB theme, rename it, then change the location when you create the custom theme to point at that folder. All buttons, images etc.. can then modified in that directory and when people change the theme back to default for example, it will then use that directory instead of your custom theme directory. If you look at the black tie theme I created that would explain better to what I mean than what I'm probably confusingly trying to say.
Here's the instructions I give with the black tie theme

Instructions:
1. Load file "images2" into your root forum folder(Same place "images" is located)
2. Import theme to your MyBB Board
3. Your done with the exception of modifying the header images Smile

The images2 folder has all stars, buttons etc, everything the original images have.
But but Hemi. There's only one place to set the stars for User groups.
Hi Hemi, Peace Brother.. Wink

Using Black Tie as an example:

I don't use /images/black-tie

I use /templates/black-tie/images. It keeps all of the templates in the one root folder rather than in the default /images/path. Smile

And if I was going to use your theme.. I would re-path it to use the templates folder.. Wink

Your theme would not be using the stars in black-tie, but uses the set in the default image folder, unless you have pointed the Manage Groups stars to your theme.

So I come along and add a different path to the stars... that don't suit your theme... then every theme has  those stars.. Your's included.. Sad
For CrakTeR,

Is a VAR possible to be added to each theme to reflect the theme/image path ?

IE: var /images/0stars = /templates/alien_space/images/0stars.gif

Or in Hemi's case /images/0stars = /images/black-tie/images/0stars.gif

Messy! isn't it... as it would require multiple var's ??? Sad

But at the same time doesn't effect the default settings for the MyBB Default theme, because it would only be added to extra themes.. Smile
In inc/functions_post.php
Find:
for($i = 0; $i < $post['stars']; $i++)
Add above:
$post['starimage'] = str_replace('{imagefolder}', $theme['imgdir'], $post['starimage']);

Now instead of images/0stars.gif you may use {imagefolder}/0stars.gif Smile
And it will set after the users specified theme.
He He!

CrakteR,

You've done it again.. Toungue

Works brilliantly. Smile Smile Smile What about adding this as a feature in Mybb v1.2.2 ??

Now all I got to is go and re-name some stars back to the default names.. Wink

For Hemi...

{imagefolder}

In case you're wondering, goes in Default Usergroups > Star Image...  and replaces "images"...
Brilliant idea. This should definately be in the default system.
Pages: 1 2 3