MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Plugins&Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I have been active in the forum and plugin developing scene for a while now, mostly for the commercial forums. A few days ago a client of mine chose Mybb for his latest site and I converted some of my mods to Mybb for him and I liked a lot of what I saw and decided to branch out in Mybb too.

In my forum you will find paid and free plugins and you can also receive support for various things for your forums.

The link to my forum is:

http://www.forumservices.eu/mybb

I am using the default theme as I happen to like it a lot. The recent post stats box is a custom mod that I coded myself. I submitted it here as well.

All your feedbacks/comments are very welcome Smile
There isn't really anything to make feedback or comments on... I will stay one thing, people will take your forum a lot more serious if you add a different look. I don't say that to be mean or anything like that, I say that based on experience. Besides, if you use a different look, it will help you build a better brand for your forum.
-Get a new theme
-Don't use a /mybb directory it's not professional
-What does your site have that all the other don't?
-Remove those stats at the top.
Also, not much point offering free plugins if you don't provide the download links ExclamationHuh
Had not checked your plugins but as a plugin developer I wish you luck!
(2012-11-01, 11:41 PM)kruzzen Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't really anything to make feedback or comments on... I will stay one thing, people will take your forum a lot more serious if you add a different look. I don't say that to be mean or anything like that, I say that based on experience. Besides, if you use a different look, it will help you build a better brand for your forum.

I know what you mean but personally I like the default theme a lot. Also I believe that it is the content that matters more and not the look. Like that saying goes do not judge a book by its cover Big Grin

(2012-11-02, 12:02 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]-Get a new theme
-Don't use a /mybb directory it's not professional
-What does your site have that all the other don't?
-Remove those stats at the top.

Atm there is nothing new in my forum so to speak that other forums do not have. But that goes for almost any forum out there. About the stats I like them because it gives me an immediate idea of what goes on about the activity. May I ask why you do not like the stats?

(2012-11-02, 12:15 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Also, not much point offering free plugins if you don't provide the download links ExclamationHuh

You are right. I had submitted it here but it has not been approved yet. And I set up the thread there as a support one. But I readded the mod file there too. Thank you for the reminder Smile
(2012-11-02, 02:28 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Had not checked your plugins but as a plugin developer I wish you luck!

Thank you Smile

Also a thank you to all the other users for their feedbacks and suggestions Smile
Borbole of Xenforo fame by any chance?

if so you do good work
Well, having stats at the top imo is stupid. The first thing I want to see is the forum, right? If I decide I want to see your stats I could just scroll down and see it.
You may want to get a better theme or modify the default one. Like Kolton said, remove the mybb directory and move your files to public_html.
(2012-11-02, 12:23 PM)Richard.R Wrote: [ -> ]Borbole of Xenforo fame by any chance?

if so you do good work

Yes, the same. Thank you Smile

(2012-11-02, 12:48 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, having stats at the top imo is stupid. The first thing I want to see is the forum, right? If I decide I want to see your stats I could just scroll down and see it.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However calling something stupid that you don''t like but others do is not cool btw. It shows your arrogance and ignorance. You can express your opinion without resorting to name calling. That is if you are mature enough to do it. Otherwise please refrain from posting.

(2012-11-02, 01:25 PM)SpiXed Wrote: [ -> ]You may want to get a better theme or modify the default one. Like Kolton said, remove the mybb directory and move your files to public_html.

I will keep this in mind, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3