MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you make the forums like this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you want to have sub forums that look like that you could use this plugin:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/subforumsincolumns

As for the archives, just make another forum at the bottom of your page and name it "Archives", lock it, and just send topics in there when needed.

I am sure you can get a plugin that automatically sends posts to a forum after x amount of days.
I don't want it in small letters like that tho.
What do you mean small letters? If you are talking about the font size of the sub forums then you can easily fix that.
How would you fix that? Also how would you take off the dots?
Make the sub-forum text larger:

When creating/editing the name of the forum put <font size=5>*FORUM NAME*</font>

The dots?
You can edit the image, and put something more suitable for your theme.

Solid dot(new posts): images/minion.gif
Clear dot (no new posts): images/minioff.gif
The font tag is deprecated. You should use something like this instead:

<span style="font-size:20px;">Forum Name</span>

Even better would be making use of the global.css stylesheet, this means that it can be used in more than one forum and you can update it using only one line of CSS, compared to several forum names - using something like this:

global.css:

.myforumname {
font-size: 20px;
}

and in the template/forum name:

<span class="myforumname">Forum Name</span>

Just remember though, that the font size will change for the board itself, not only the subforum list. To do this effectively, here's what I recommend:

Open your forumbit_subforums template (Templates & Style > Templates > Style Name > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_subforums). Replace {$sub_forums} with something like this:

<span class="subforumlinks">{$sub_forums}</span>

Save it. Open Global.css (Templates & Style > Style Name > global.css) and add something like this to the bottom:

.subforumlinks {
font-size:20px;
}

Save it. View your forum now, the subforums should be larger.

Hope this helps. Smile
There is a user submitted tutorial on how to collum your forums. I don't recommend trying to re-create The Tech Game, mainly because there's plenty of re-makes and it doesn't use MyBB, it's custom off of PHPNuke. You won't have as much feature.
(2012-11-03, 09:21 AM)LeetGFX Wrote: [ -> ]There is a user submitted tutorial on how to collum your forums. I don't recommend trying to re-create The Tech Game, mainly because there's plenty of re-makes and it doesn't use MyBB, it's custom off of PHPNuke. You won't have as much feature.

Wait TTG uses phpnuke?

How do you make the achirve forums like behind the forums or a link next to it like this;
[Image: u7jeB.png?1]