MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Massive triple forum clicks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problem with people using proxies. im blocking them installed stop forums spam. but they find new proxies.

my forum is a anonymous posting , or sign up.

but someone keeps using proxies, coming to my site and they make a thread but they keep clicking post post post post post post. And that is creating 100's of threads, anyway to stop this
Are you using a captcha for posts? Is this a bot or a real person?
A real person doing it, captcha doesn't help i have tried they just click post post post .
Do you have post flooding checks enabled? Please provide an url to your board.
Geobuxes.com yes i have post checks enabled.
Ban his IP in htaccess, or if he has a dynamic IP, ban the range. Only do this as a last resort.
I have been banning 100's of his proxies of his. i have already contacted fbi for threatning me, and posting pictures of my family.

I have dealt with him for awhile now, but when my family gets brought up i have no choice,
You have NO captcha set for posts. You are asking to get spammed. Please set the captcha on - try using the recaptcha variant, or you can try the mod from Vernier.

It will at least slow him down.
It was on, and it still happend but ill turn it back on . ill have a look at the mod Vernier made
I THOUGHT there was a mod that prevented proxy usage - I will look, but that might not be popular on a board like yours.
Pages: 1 2