MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod release order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had submitted a mod to the download area and when it was approved it went to the third page. Like that I think it gets lost and does not get any exposure. Imho it would be better to make it the appearance of the mod that it has been approved in descending order in the appropriate category because like that all the new mods will be visible directly and they will have more exposure.

This is my mod. It has been buried in page 3

http://mods.mybb.com/view/recent-posts-forum-index
Sorting by alphabetical order is more logical than submission or updated date.

It's up to you to market and promote your plugin effectively.
(2012-11-02, 10:14 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Sorting by alphabetical order is more logical than submission or updated date.

It's up to you to market and promote your plugin effectively.

Ah, I see. I was used to the other forums, where I submit mods, that they are always listed by submission date on top and not by alphabetical order. But I guess you guys handle things differently here.

Anyway thank you for your answer Smile

P.s. And something else since I started this topic anyway, the mod thread at the release forum has not been approved yet when it is approved at the Download area. Is there any different criteria about the approval process in both places?
Seems to be approved now - there's sometimes a delay between the person validating the plugin and approving the thread.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I approved the thread too last night.
Thank you guys Smile
Since this topic is open anyways, i was wondering what is the average wait time for a mod to be approved?
Roughly a week, it seems. After 7 days, if your work hasn't been looked at, post a thread in the Private Inquiries forum.