MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, recently I was thinking
about what I could do to get
my life has not been boring. A
little thought and came up with
the idea of ​​remaking MyBB
engine, and here are a few
questions arise. Can I convert
the engine? What
programming languages ​​will I
need?
You first need to use editor properly.
Which is? I would ask for a
clue

Refresh

Refresh
He means that you've broken your text up into lines that are a bit hard to read. Smile

Yes, it's possible to convert MyBB into your own software - this is commonly called a "fork". You'd need to know HTML, CSS, some JavaScript, PHP and MySQL (especially the last two).
I wouldn't advise forking MyBB if you don't know what languages it's written it.
So I need to learn to take. For
the text unreadable sorki I am
Polish and I use a translator
I suggest not doing this, if you don't have knowledge of the languages.
That is why their teaching is
(2012-11-02, 11:18 AM)Twardy Wrote: [ -> ]What programming languages ​​will I need?

It depends upon the language you want to change to. MyBB is written in PHP, MySQL so may I ask why you want to change this language? I know few "very bad" hosts do not allow PHP applications on their servers so its bit of hassle for users to use PHP application on these hosts, however majority of hosts allow PHP and MySQL these days, so I wouldn't think that would be the issue in your circumstances.

So question remains, why you even want to change that language? Are you familiar with other languages? If so which one??
(2012-11-03, 10:49 AM)Twardy Wrote: [ -> ]That is why their teaching is

That is true. However it would be better imho to start off small at first and then gradually go for the big stuff.