MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Mybb Portal Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I decided to use the default mybb portal, and this is what I see:
[Image: Rx11U.png]

^ There arent "three" columns, instead they are just all aligned to the left.

I was going to provide the code to the portal.php but it is just the default one, no edits have been made.

Any way to fix this, or why this is happening?
That is how the mybb default portal is set up - a two column layout. Do you have a forum chosen to post to the portal? Once you choose one of your forums as the announcements forum the right panel will fill up.
Sorry! what do you want to change?
(2012-11-02, 03:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]That is how the mybb default portal is set up - a two column layout. Do you have a forum chosen to post to the portal? Once you choose one of your forums as the announcements forum the right panel will fill up.

Yes, I did. I would like three columns, Like this:
http://dtpgaming.com/portal.php

^ It still shows one row of boxes
Link to your site please?

Try this in your portal template

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top" width="200">
{$latestthreads}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Did you try the template I posted? That would be in the acp templates, not replacing the portal php file.
EDIT: will try that code in ACP

(2012-11-02, 03:52 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try the template I posted? That would be in the acp templates, not replacing the portal php file.

Okay, I did it... go look at it.

There is a blank spot in the middle.
Yes,I told you that - you have to put a FORUM ID in the portal settings to get the posts to show as "announcements"
Oh yes, thank you fish. It seems to be working now, but a few things I would like help on...

I would like to just have two columns, one column for Xbox 360 News, and another for Playstation.
How would I do that? And make a title for the box saying "Xbox 360 News" > then below it a few topics.

+ Instead of showing the full thread, just show the link to the thread?
Pages: 1 2 3